As a social media specialist/PR pro in the retail world, I get out and about to research trends and what’s new in retail land often. I wanted to start to share some of the great finds out there with you all. Let’s face it, of course we would all love to shop exclusively at boutiques and fancy online sites, but the majority of us, if not all of us, inevitably find ourselves picking up random pieces from everywhere and anywhere in between. A Target run for nail polish remover becomes a trip to try on summer swimsuits. Before you know it, you’ve spent $100 on the suit, the sandals, a beach towel, a nail polish and a magazine, but you forgot what you came for. I find that wherever I am, there is always SOMETHING I can take home with me. This is a problem. This is a product of consumerism and I am working on it. It helps that I don’t have endless funds. It also helps to have a camera on my phone. I can take a photo, think about it, sleep on it, share it on social media and with with you all here. I love finding things at stores you wouldn’t normally see yourself shopping at. I just saw “This is 40” and the main character is crying and saying she is not ready to shop at “old lady” stores and mentions Chico’s and Talbot’s. I have to disagree! Check out a couple pieces I found in said stores below. The other misconception of “mall” shopping is that you must stay clear of the teeny bopper stores. Not true! You may go up to a large instead of a medium, I know, the horror, but the prices are a lot more affordable on those trendier pieces you may only wear for a couple seasons. So here’s the first edition of Retail Roundup, some of my favorite finds over the last week.
1. Statement Necklace from Anthropologie. $68 (Park Meadows) This would dress up the basic white tee and jeans, and add a blazer in coral or min to make the details pop!
2. Tribal printed denim by Sanctuary at Sundance. $148 (Park Meadows) Edgy denim to pair with a loose fitting jersey tee in black or gray and gladiator sandals gives you an L.A. look.
4. Bohemian Blouse from J. Crew. $110 (Park Meadows) Lot’s of bohemian inspired prints everywhere, even in the preppy J. Crew. Add ankle length, light wash skinny jeans with a few rips and a leather sandal and this is the easiest look to head to a soccer game in.
5. Trapese high/low racer-back tank dress from Urban Outfitters. $39 (Park Meadows) The silhouette on this will mask my post pregnancy bod and flatter most figures. Add a wedge or heeled sandal for height and elongate the look. A long necklace and great earrings can really dress it up if you have an event too.
7. Sheer caftan from Chico’s. $109 (Park Meadows) I immediately thought of a trip to Mexico when I saw this. Even though I am not going anywhere anytime soon. I would so wear this over a black swimsuit, with a straw fedora hat and a margarita in hand!
8. Camouflage vest with faux leather shoulder detail at Pacific Sunwear. (Park Meadows) Camo is back, again. I liked the punky extras on this. Pair it with ankle grazing skinny jeans or shorts and a white tank.
10. Printed shorts by Joe Fresh at JC Penney. $19 (Park Meadows) LOVE these in purple or yellow. Again, add your basic tee, a pair of gold hoops and a couple necklaces and your flip flops, straw tote and go!
Last, there is something about these necklace/detachable collars from Clair’s Accessories that scream potential. Right?! I mean, you can’t go wrong with $12! The only trick is finding the right under shirt, blouse or dress to top it off with. You don’t want a gap of skin showing or a collar underneath peaking out…
Hope you liked the first installment of Retail Roundup! Hope to roll out more of these and also share things I did actually come home with. What have you seen or purchased lately that you thought was a gem?!